Can't get Macromedia Authorware Web Player to install on Windows Vista
auberj
2009-01-08 21:23:55 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems installing Macromedia Authoware Web Player on my Office
Laptop. I have Windows Vista Business. Everytime I load the page
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages_mmcom/authorware.html, or
installed a exe version I always get the same result. When the AAM is loading
the progress bar starts, then turns red and give me an Error Loading message.

At home I have Windows Vista Home Premium Addition (32 bits) and it loaded
easely.

Is there a fix to this problem?

How can I get web player to load on my computer?

Thanks in advance
Ren? J. Aub?
CCNB
Steve Howard **Community Expert** - eLearning + Mobile and Devices
2009-01-09 01:46:05 UTC
Post by auberj
I'm having problems installing Macromedia Authoware Web Player on my Office
Laptop. I have Windows Vista Business. Everytime I load the page
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages_mmcom/authorware.html, or
installed a exe version I always get the same result. When the AAM is loading
the progress bar starts, then turns red and give me an Error Loading message.
If you are seeing that red progress bar, then the web payer has installed,
so your problem is something else.

First thing to try is to turn *off* Protected mode. You won't be able to run
any web-based content without doing this. I suggest you turn off Protected
Mode only for accessing Authorware content. Turn it back on once you are
finished.

Steve
http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu
JoannaB92
2009-01-14 13:22:46 UTC
I'm having a similar problem but its on every computer I try. It starts to load a little then the status bar goes red and says error loading. Do you know how to resolve this?
Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert**
2009-01-14 14:13:49 UTC
You have turned off the protected mode feature?
If you're getting the progress bar then the installation is already done,
you can move on to trying to run the learning files your site. Is there a
dialog box that appears with some kind of error in it prior to the red
progress box? There is a way to get debug info from the Authorware Web
Player plugin...

You can put a file called shktrace.on in the folder with the web player. The
location is C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Authorwa\ where the np32asw.dll and
awswax.ocx files are. When the web player runs it'll create another text
file called ptrace.txt where it will dump data about what it's doing. You
can use this file to help diagnose the problem. Search the text for "ERROR"
to determine what it was doing at the time.

Mike
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker at cox dot net